Terms of Service
The Terms of Service and rules for your use of GoodtoGrow.org is summarized in the bullet points below and then followed by more detailed information. In order to access and use GoodtoGrow.org, it is necessary for you to agree to all of the terms and conditions for GoodtoGrow.org.
- All of the content, activities, and other features on GoodtoGrow.org are here for you to enjoy with your children. Features that are directed to adults, parents and legal guardians (for example, resources in the Grown-ups or Museums section) are for adults, parents and legal guardians only. Only you, and not your children, should be sending us information or submitting materials to GoodtoGrow.org.
- All of the elements of GoodtoGrow.org, including the features, activities, content, and software, are the sole property of ACM and may be used by you only for your personal, noncommercial use.
- Anything you submit to GoodtoGrow.org, including photographs and artwork, or your blog entry, may be used by ACM anywhere, at any time, including on GoodtoGrow.org, in ACM printed and electronic publications, and in promotional materials.
- We would like your experience on GoodtoGrow.org to be safe, educational, and user-friendly. If you ever see something on GoodtoGrow.org that does not meet those expectations, please let us know. We strive to provide a positive and fun experience for all users.
Welcome to GoodtoGrow.org (“GoodtoGrow.org” or “Website”), a website of the Association of Children’s Museums (“ACM”). Your use of this Website is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of and agreement to this Terms of Service Agreement (the "Agreement"). This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions which apply to your use of this Website. By using this Website, you agree to abide by this Agreement. In addition, when using specific services or features, you agree to abide by any guidelines or rules posted in connection with such services or features. If you do not agree with any posted guidelines or rules, or with any part of this Agreement, you must not use this Website.
ACM reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time. Your continued use of this Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement means that you accept and agree to abide by such changes. If you do not comply with this Agreement at all times when using this Website, ACM reserves the right to deny or restrict your access to this Website. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall apply regardless of the means by which this Website was accessed, including, but not limited to, through the URL address, electronic mail, or links from other websites. Users who are under 18 years old may use the areas of this Website not directed only to parents or legal guardians if a parent or legal guardian consents to such user’s use of this Website, assumes the obligations provided in this Agreement, and assumes full responsibility for such user’s use of this Website. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a user of this Website who is under 18 years old, you consent to such user’s use of this Website, assume the obligations provided in this Agreement, and assume full responsibility for such user’s use of this Website.
Use of ACM’s Website
By using GoodtoGrow.org, you agree that:
ACM cannot and does not guarantee that other Website users will comply with the rules above.
- Your use of this Website, including, without limitation, any of its elements or content, is solely for your own noncommercial use and benefit.
- You will not interfere with any other user's use and enjoyment of this Website. You will not use this Website or the information contained therein in unsolicited mailings or spam material. In particular, you will not use any of our trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrights, or logos in unsolicited mailings or spam material. You will not spam or send unsolicited mailings to any person or entity using this Website.
- You will not submit, post, upload, distribute, or otherwise make available any Submission that contains, in the opinion of ACM: (1) personal information about another person; (2) unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, indecent, profane, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or unlawful material; (3) material that could harm minors; (4) any material that infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any person or entity, or any right of any person or entity; or (5) any information intended to promote and/or generate revenue for any third party business activity.
- You have all necessary rights, including, but not limited to, intellectual and other proprietary rights, in and to all Submissions you provide and all materials they contain.
- You will not delete any legal notices, proprietary notices (including trademark or copyright symbols), or disclaimers, or modify any logos that you do not own or have written permission to modify.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, including, but not limited to, by using another person’s username, password, name, likeness, voice, or photograph. You will not submit any personal information to this Website, about yourself or others, that is not accurate and truthful.
- When using features on this Website that allow you to communicate with others, you will, in the opinion of ACM: (i) not upload or send any message that is unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, indecent, profane, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, offensive, or otherwise objectionable; (ii) not upload or send any commercial, promotional, or solicitation information; and (iii) remain friendly and treat all recipients with respect. You will immediately cease using Website features to communicate with recipients who have requested not to receive communications from you.
- You will not use this Website for any unlawful purpose, including engaging in (or attempts to engage in) any criminal activity including, but not limited to, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, stalking, harassment, and conspiracy to commit any criminal activity. You agree that your use of this Website will not harm minors in any way.
- You will not submit, post, upload, distribute, or otherwise make available any material that may contain a computer virus or other harmful material, or otherwise impair, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to ACM's computer systems. You recognize that not all areas of this Website may be available to you.
Disclaimer of Limitation and Liability
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY ASSOCIATION OF CHILDREN’S MUSEUMS ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE ASSOCIATION OF CHILDREN’S MUSEUMS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, ASSOCIATION OF CHILDREN’S MUSEUMS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ASSOCIATION OF CHILDREN’S MUSEUMS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM ASSOCIATION OF CHILDREN’S MUSEUMS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ASSOCIATION OF CHILDREN’S MUSEUMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Your use of this Website constitutes acceptance of this Agreement. You hereby waive any and all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of this Agreement and lack of signing or other form of electronic execution by the parties hereto. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any additional terms, conditions, rules, or procedures imposed by ACM or by third-party content providers in connection with content, software, or services available on, through or in connection with this Website.
ACM reserves the right to automatically amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms and conditions to this "Terms of Service" section of this Website. Such amendments will be effective when posted.
Revised and Effective: September 7, 2007.